ADPRUFE® Liquid Waterproofing Admixture
Porous by nature, concrete is vulnerable to water absorption and cracking.
ADPRUFE® liquid waterproofing admixture significantly lowers the permeability of concrete to protect it from water absorption and reduce drying shrinkage.
What is the ADPRUFE® Liquid Waterproofing Admixture?
Using ADPRUFE® admixture provides a 50% reduction in water absorption, meaning less water penetration, less water vapour permeability and a significant reduction in drying shrinkage — resulting in increased durability and reduced concrete cracking caused by shrinkage.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
ADPRUFE® 100 is an innovative liquid admixture that significantly reduces both the permeability and drying shrinkage of concrete.
- Design flexibility
- Reduces drying shrinkage and permeability of concrete
- Improved consistence
- Concentrated, liquid formulation
- Water retaining structures
- Swimming pools
- Lift pits
ADPRUFE® admixture is typically used in combination with ADVA® superplasticizers to produce high consistency concrete with a low water/cement ratio. This also reduces capillary paths in the cured concrete, limiting the places where water can infiltrate.
Compared with conventional powder or thick liquid products, ADPRUFE® admixture is low dosage, produces easy to work with concrete, and minimises the need for post-injection of leaking cracks on the job site. This saves time, money, and hassle for busy contractors.
• Lower water absorption
• Reduced drying shrinkage
• Improved tensile strength at all stages
• Compatible with most types of cement binders
• Easier disbursement than powder-based and thick liquid products
• BBA certified and NHBC Chapter 5.4 compliant
• Protection for concrete joints with advanced hydro-expansive or PVC waterstops
• Create two times the waterproofing protection or cavity drain systems for critical structures in challenging environments when combined with PREPRUFE® waterproofing membranes.
• Added protection from costly water and cracking damage
• Minimised need for repair work
• Increased life span of the structure
• Complex concrete elements, such as piled basement floor slabs and walls
• Water retaining structures
• Swimming pools
• Lift pits
Every year, GCP protects thousands of cubic meters of concrete from water ingress.