SAFETRACK® highway maintenance products
Extending the service life of high traffic roads
Stirling Lloyd, now GCP Applied Technologies, pioneered the innovative SAFETRACK® highway maintenance range, delivering high quality in-situ performance with a long service life for a wide range of highway repair and protection applications.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
Stirling Lloyd’s, now GCP Applied Technologies SAFETRACK® HW is a liquid applied system designed for localised areas requiring anti-skid.
- Offers first time reinstatement
- Quick, simple and economical to apply
- Cold applied – no hot trades
SAFETRACK® INLAID ROAD REPAIR (SAFETRACK® IRR) is a HAPAS-Approved* liquid, cold-applied, fast-curing inlaid repair system for single and multiple cracks based on GCP Applied Technologies, previously Stirling Lloyd’s, unique ESSELAC® advanced resin technology and extensive experience in the development of high performance reinstatement products.
- First-time reinstatement
- Simple and economical to apply
- Rapid installation and cure ensure minimum downtime
SAFETRACK® LM is a range of cold-plastic line marking products that are based on Stirling Lloyd’s, now GCP Applied Technologies, unique ESSELAC® advanced resin technology and extensive experience in the development of genuine high performance line marking systems.
- BSI certified for use on UK Highways England Network
- Enhanced dry and wet night retro reflectivity – improves road safety
- Superb durability minimises maintenance costs, traffic
The SAFETRACK® range of highway maintenance products comprises of industry leading surface treatments including High Friction Surfacing, skid resistant coloured surfacing and cold plastic line marking / line stripping system. For asphalt repair and protection, there is an extensive range of SAFETRACK® crack and joint repair solutions for asphalt and concrete road surfaces.
Developed to reduce the need for routine maintenance interventions and maximising the service life of road surfaces, these high performance products provide first time, rapid repair and reinstatement with long service life even on the world’s busiest roads.
Based on unique ESSELAC® cold resin technology the SAFETRACK® products also reduce risks to operatives during installation as no hot trades are involved and rapid application reduces workforce time in the road. The rapid cure of all systems also minimises road closure times with systems ready for traffic in less than one hour, even overnight and in winter.
- SAFETRACK® HW: Long lasting high friction surfacing with the highest rating for wear resistance. A cold liquid applied, rapid cure system consisting of a tough resin binder and complete overscatter with bauxite. SAFETRACK® HW has been designed to reduce skidding risks and braking distances in safety critical areas such as approaches to road junctions, roundabouts, deceleration areas, on and off ramps, fast bends, accident remedial schemes and other traffic calming measures.
- SAFETRACK® CT: Skid-resistant, coloured surfacing for in-highway cycle lane demarcation. SAFETRACK® CT provides exceptional durability, bright colour demarcation and good skid resistance to meet the demands of heavily trafficked environments such as cycle routes, bus lanes, village gateways, ghost islands and other traffic demarcation applications.
- SAFETRACK® SC: Slip-resistant surfacing system is available in a range of vibrant colours for highly visible, UV stable, surface demarcation. SAFETRACK® SC is available with a choice of two encapsulated aggregates for skid resistance and can be applied to both asphalt and concrete. It is the ideal coating for a variety of trafficked and pedestrian areas including retail car parks, cycle routes, walkways, village gateways, parking bays and for refreshing faded thermoplastics.
- SAFETRACK® LM: Exceptionally hardwearing and cost-effective cold-applied line marking systems, offering long-term durability and reflective bead retention, significantly extending the period between maintenance interventions. The SAFETRACK® LM system gives the client the power to design line markings to fit a specific solution, even in the most heavily trafficked environments with minimal degradation, providing lines that provide safe lane demarcation for longer. The range includes solid line markings that provide significant improvements in adhesion and wear resistance, compared to conventional line marking systems.
- SAFETRACK® Overbanding: For crack and seam overbanding with non-reflective, skid resistant finish which extends the life of the asphalt pavement. This is a permanent, first time reinstatement designed to reduce water ingress into the asphalt and degradation of cracks and seams. Quick and simple application with a fast return to service minimises road closure times and future maintenance.
- SAFETRACK® Crack Infill: Cracks and fretted joint infill systems to prevent water ingress, restore the road surface profile and provide a long term skid resistant surface. Ideal for the infill and sealing of open joints in asphalt, SAFETRACK® Crack Infill is designed to prevent further deterioration and extend the service life of the road surface. It’s fast curing abilities allows a 30 minute return to service, reducing disruption to road users.
- SAFETRACK® Inlaid Road Repair: Sealing system for the reinstatement of wide cracks and slots in road surfaces. This system is rut resistant and suitable for wider repairs in asphalt roads. It provides a low profile, skid resistant, hard wearing finish. It can be used to reinstate slots cut in asphalt roads to install cables and ducts.
- Cold-applied, fast curing systems for fast and effective long-term road repairs
- For crack and seam repair, protecting asphalt from degradation from water ingress whilst providing long-term skid resistance and restoring surface profile for better ride quality
- Available in HM (High Modulus) grade for optimum resistance to rutting and wear, and F (Flexible) grade where movement is likely.
- Minimal preparation needed
- Easy to apply
- Fast curing, enables 30-minute return to service
- Available for application by hand tools or by machine to suit the job site
- Available in asphalt grey or neutral (for concrete applications)