PREPRUFE® 800PA/ 800PA LT Membrane (UK/IE Version)
An advanced, self-adhesive PREPRUFE® Membrane for protection of below ground structures
GCP Applied Technologies (“GCP”) PREPRUFE® 800PA is a cold-applied, self-adhesive waterproofing membrane, composed of a cross-laminated HDPE film, and a synthetic non-bituminous adhesive. PREPRUFE® 800PA incorporates the PREPRUFE® Advanced Bond Technology™.
Designed for new and remedial waterproofing for:
- Basement walls of all basement grades to BS 8102: 2009
- Below-ground car parks
- Underground RC reservoirs and tanks Industrial plants
- Radon, methane and carbon dioxide gas protection
- Protection from water, damp and gas of critical substructures
- Non-bituminous - synthetic self adhesive membrane based on PREPRUFE® technology.
- Adhesion - excellent concrete adhesion at all temperatures.
- Productivity - 1.2m wide roll for increased worker efficiency.
- Fully bonded - eliminates water migration to prevent water tracking between membrane and substrate.
- Elastomeric - accommodates movements and bridges concrete shrinkage cracks.
- Superior performance - high strength, elongation, tear resistant properties.
- Water and vapour barrier - provides protection for all basements which need to be leak free.
- Gas resistant - contributes to methane, carbon dioxide and radon gas protection according to BS 8485, BRE Reports 211 (radon) and 212 (methane and carbon dioxide). Independent test results available upon request.
This document is applicable to projects and applications in the UK only. Please refer to the local website for further information at gcpat.uk, or contact your GCP representative.
- PREPRUFE® 800PA Membrane for application to surfaces at ambient temperatures of 5°C or above
- PREPRUFE® 800PA Low Temperature (LT) Membrane for low temperature applications when surface and ambient temperatures are between -5 °C and 20 °C
Ancillary Components: (the most current product information and detailed installations instructions for these products can be found at gcpat.uk or by contacting your local GCP representative.
- PREPRUFE® SC1 Primer - PREPRUFE® SC1 is a green coloured, non-bituminous, solvent based primer, which provides excellent good initial adhesion of PREPRUFE® 800PA Membrane to the substrate.
- PREPRUFE® Primer W2 - Low VOC water based primer that can be used per specification as an alternate to PREPRUFE® SC1 Primer
- BITUTHENE® LM (E) - Two component, elastomeric, liquid applied detailing compound
- Protection 03 Board - A robust 3mm thick board providing protection against damage of PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane from backfilling
- ADCOR® 500S - A large sectioned, conformable, hydrophilic waterstop for preventing water entry through joints in concrete sub-structure
- BETEC® NSM- A range of GCP high performance mortars specifically designed for patching, repair, and leveling of concrete surfaces
- HYDRODUCT® Drainage Sheets - High impact and creep resistant geo-composite and protection sheet designed as alternative to traditional aggregate drainage
Limitations of Use
- Approved uses of PREPRUFE® Membranes only include those uses specifically detailed in this product data sheet and other current product data sheets that can be found at gcpat.uk.
- PREPRUFE® 800PA Membranes are not intended for any other use. Contact GCP Technical Services where any other use is anticipated or intended.
- PREPRUFE® 800PA Membranes are designed where in-service temperatures will not exceed 54°C.
- Do not apply PREPRUFE® 800PA Membranes over insulation or lightweight insulating concrete.
Note that because of local regulations, test standards and customs, product literature and offerings may be different in various locations. If you have any questions or comments, please contact your local customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1480 478421.
Safety and Handling Information
Users must read and understand the product label and safety data sheet (SDS) for each system component. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the products and follow the precautionary statements. SDSs can be obtained by contacting your local GCP representative or office, by calling GCP toll free at +44 (0) 1480 478421 and in some cases from our web site at gcpat.uk.
Transportation and Storage
- All products must be handled and stored consistent with PREPRUFE® 800PA methods statement
- PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane Rolls of PREPRUFE® 800PA must be stored upright at all times
- The stacking of membrane is not allowed. Before installation, the membrane has to be protected from direct sunlight and moisture
- Observe one-year shelf life
- Store in dry conditions below 30ºC
- Store off ground, under tarps or otherwise protected from rain and ground moisture.
Technical Support, Details and Technical Letters
The most up to date detail drawings and technical letters are available at gcpat.gb. For complete application instructions, please refer to the current GCP Applied Technologies Contractor Handbook and Literature on (www.gcpat.uk). Documents in hardcopy as well as information found on websites other than www.gcpat.uk may be out of date or in error. Before using this product, it is important that information be confirmed by accessing www.gcpat.uk and reviewing the most recent product information, including without limitation product data sheets and contractor manuals, technical bulletins, detail drawings and detailing recommendations. Please review all materials prior to installation of PREPRUFE® 800PA and 800PA Low Temperature Membranes. For technical assistance with detailing and problem solving please contact your local GCP representative or office, by calling GCP at +44 (0) 1480 478421.
PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane can be applied to cementitious and metal substrates The substrate should be clean, free of grease, release agents and protrusions or voids. Irregularities greater than 3 mm should be removed or filled with GCP BETEC® NSM range of products.
All surfaces must be primed with one coat of GCP’s solvent based quick drying, damp and green concrete tolerant primer PREPRUFE® SC1 Primer is coloured green to ensure a uniform consistent coverage is achieved and to aid identification to confirm no substitute primer is being used. PREPRUFE® SC1 Primer coverage varies between 10-12m2 / litre subject to surface porosity and ambient temperature. See separate data sheet.
Note: As per specification and/or local site requirements a low VOC, water-based primer BITUTHENE® Primer W2 can be used as an alternative to PREPRUFE® SC1 primer.
Prior to commencing application, cut PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane to length, according to the height of the application area. Peel back the first 300 mm of the release liner. Position the membrane and apply the adhesive face from top to the bottom gradually removing the release liner. PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane should be brushed or rolled onto the primed surface to ensure good initial bond and to exclude trapped air. Adjacent rolls are aligned using printed overlapped lines spaced 50 mm minimum at side and ends and well rolled with a firm pressure, using a lap roller to ensure complete adhesion and continuity between the layers.
On high walls it may be necessary to batten fix the top edge of membrane to prevent slippage. Once backfilled, remove batten before the positioning of any flashing (if needed). For other substrates such as plastic or wood consult GCP Applied Technologies for guidance.
Internal and external corners and edges must be reinforced with pre-cut strips of 300 mm wide PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane. All penetrations such as service pipes, lightning conductors and rods must be sealed with BITUTHENE® LM around the penetration with a fillet to provide a watertight seal with PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane. All penetrations must be detailed in line with GCP drawings. Consult GCP for guidance.
Repairs, Protection & Drainage
PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane film has an internal grey/black layer. When damage occurs, the grey/black layer is exposed on the white surface. Damaged areas to be repaired with an oversize patch applied to a clean, dry surface extending 100 mm beyond damage and firmly rolled.
Protect PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane immediately after application to avoid damage from following trades, construction materials or backfill, using either GCP protection boards or HYDRODUCT® drainage sheets (refer to separate data sheets).
PREPRUFE® 800PA membrane must not be UV exposed for more than 30 days. If the area around the substructure can be drained to a low level outlet then GCP recommends the HYDRODUCT® range of drainage membranes.
Refer to clause J40 180/190.
|MEMBRANE PREPRUFE® 800PA/800PA LT|
|Roll Dimensions||1.2 m x 35 m roll|
|Weight||35 kg / roll|
|PREPRUFE® SC1 Primer
PREPRUFE® Primer W2
|5 and 20 litre can (coverage 10-12 m2/ litre
5 liter can (coverage 9-11 m2/litre
|BITUTHENE® LM (E)||5.7 litre packs|
|Protection 03 board||3 mm x 0.9 m x 2.03 m (± 6%)|
|ADCOR® 500S||6 x 5 m rolls|
|HYDRODUCT® 200/220 drainage sheet||1.25 m x 32 m long roll x 12 mm thick (40 sq m)|
PREPRUFE® 800PA/ PREPRUFE® 800PA Low Temperature (LT)
|Peel Strength at 23°C, min||3.2 N/mm||ASTM D 9031|
Declared Values according to EN 13967
|Property||Declared Value PREPRUFE® 800PA||Declared Value PREPRUFE® 800PA Low Temperature (LT)||Test Method|
|Visible defects - MDV||None||None||EN 1850-2|
|Straightness - MDV||Pass||Pass||EN 1848-2|
|Length (m) - MDV||35.10 ± 0.25||35.10 ± 0.25||EN 1848-2|
|Thickness (mm) - MDV||0.8 ± 0.07||0.8 ± 0.07||EN 1849-2|
|Width Carrier Sheet (m) - MDV||1.206 ±0.006||1.206 ±0.006||EN 1848-2|
|Mass per unit area (g/m2) - MDV||735 ± 50||735 ± 50||EN 1849-2|
|Water tightness to liquid water at 60kPa||Pass||Pass||EN 1928|
|Resistance to Impact (al board (mm) MLV||≥ 150||≥ 150||EN 12691|
|Resistance to tearing (Nail Shank) Unreinforced sheets (N) MLV||≥ 155||≥ 155||EN 12310-1|
|Joint Strength (N/50mm) MLV||≥ 250||≥ 220||EN 12317-2|
|Water Vapour Transmission (μ=sD/d) -MDV||380.000+/- 30%||380.000+/- 30%||EN 1931 Method B|
|Durability of water tightness against ageing/degradation (at 60kPa)||Pass||Pass||EN 1296
EN 1928 Method B
|Durability of water tightness against chemicals (at 60kPa)||Pass||Pass||EN 1847 Method B
EN 1928 Method B
|Compatibility with bitumen||Pass||Pass||EN 1548|
|Resistance to static loading||≥ 20 - Pass||≥ 20 - Pass||EN 12730|
|Tensile Properties unreinforced sheets (N/50mm) MLV||Long1 ≥ 430
Trans2 ≥ 430
|Long1 ≥ 430
Trans2 ≥ 430
|EN 12311-2 Method A|
|Tensile Properties unreinforced sheets (% Elongation) MLV||Long1 ≥ 180
Trans2 ≥ 180
|Long1 ≥ 180
Trans2 ≥ 180
|EN 12311-2 Method A|
|Reaction to Fire (class; Test Conditions)||E||E||EN 13501-1|
Value 5. NPD: No Performance Declared.
All declared values shown in this data sheet are based on test results determined under laboratory conditions and with the product sample taken directly from stock in its original packing without any alteration or modification of its component part
gcpat.uk | United Kingdom customer service: +44 (0) 1480 478421
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
PREPRUFE, Adcor and Bituthene are a trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2020 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
GCP Applied Technologies (UK) Limited, 487-488 Ipswich Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4EP, UK.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United Kingdom. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.uk. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2021-02-05