ADCOR® 550 MI
Double protection system for construction joints using 2-in-1 pre-applied, post injectable hydrophilic waterstop
ADCOR® 550MI is a combined active and passive waterstop system with built in redundancy for the secure sealing of concrete construction joints subject to hydrostatic pressure. It comprises an outer hydrophilic sleeve activated in contact with water (active) for sealing the joint, and a reinforced injection tube for remedial treatment by resin injection (passive).
With the speed and simplicity of a single installation ADCOR® 550MI provides the advantages of both a pre-applied barrier and a post injected waterstop system:
- The outer hydrophilic sleeve gives the first protection level.
- The reinforced injection tube for remedial treatment by fast one component resin injection gives the reassurance of a second protection level.
Unlike standard injection systems that require resin injection in every case to be effective, ADCOR® 550MI has built in waterstop protection from the special hydrophilic element, and only needs injection in extreme cases of leakage.
- Volumetric expansion min 100% in cement water.
- No deterioration or premature swelling of hydrophilic injection hose.
- Easy installation.
- Non-polluting to ground water.
- Retains cohesive strength at both original and expanded volume.
- No need for protective steel mesh.
- Conformable – can be installed onto a variety of irregular substrates.
- Reinforced inner tube prevents damage to resin path.
- Resists at least 5 bar (50 m) hydrostatic pressure.
- Complete contact of the outer sleeve with the concrete.
- Simple overlap jointing on site. Can be easily jointed to GCP PVC Waterstops at movement joints.
- Low pressure injection system therefore no need for electrical injection equipment.
- Injection socket inlets can be installed and easily accessed.
- Mechanical hand pump available for injection.
- Minimal interruption to occupancy should the need for injection arise.
ADCOR® 550MI hydrophilic injection hose has advantages over other waterstop systems with:
- A hydrophilic outer sleeve which expands on contact with water and seals small cracks and voids in the construction joints
- A filtration membrane outside the reinforced inner tube which prevents siltation of the injection hose and swelling of the external membrane.
- A steel wire reinforced inner tube which maintains its shape and does not collapse even under the extremes of external pressure.
- Construction joints for in-situ concrete structures
- Casting new concrete against existing concrete
- Floor slabs cast against diaphragm retaining walls, steel sheet piles and secant piled walls
- Joints between floor slabs and pile caps
- Remedial ‘breaking out’ of concrete.
|Adcor 500MI KIT||Weight 14.4 kg|
|Each Box Contains:|
|Adcor 550MI||8 x 5 m rolls (40m)|
|Reinforced PVC tube*||4 metres + 16 caps*|
|Blue Trumpets*||16 pieces|
|Adcor 550MI clips*||175 pieces|
|PVC tube clips||16 pieces|
|Adcor 550MI Twinbox||5 Units|
|Adcor 550MI Formholder||50 Units|
|Adcor Mastic||310 ml cartridge (12 per box)|
|Injection Material**||HA Flex LV AF resin & HA Flex Cat AF catalyst|
** for more detail refer to separate technical datasheet
|Property of the Outer Skin||Typical Results|
|Swelling capacity in contact with cement water||Swells up to min.100% of its original dry volume|
|Application temperature range||-15˚C to 60˚C|
|Water pressure resistance||up to 5 bar (50 m)|
|Property of the injection tube|
|Consumption during injection||Minimum 190 g/m to fill tube|
|Steel wire tensile strength||Approx. 1800 N/mm²|
- ADCOR® 550MI should be installed on a smooth and dust-free surface free of loose material and laitance.
- ADCOR® 550MI is generally independent of weather conditions other than prolonged wet periods which may cause premature swelling of the hydrophilic sleeve.
- ADCOR® 550MI must be in direct contact with the construction joint substrate over its full length.
- The hoses are positioned between the reinforcement during second phase construction.
- To simplify injection at the concrete surface, formholders or twinboxes can provide simple to use post injection and flushing points.
- Note the Adcor 550MI Twinbox or Formholder positions and connected inlet and outlets for location and access after concreting.
- Detailed installation instructions are available from the local GCP Representative.
- Injection resins approved by GCP Applied Technologies are injected through the injection ports.
- Any injection required should be carried out after curing and initial shrinkage of the concrete.
- The injection materials are resins with varying viscosities, which remain elastic after polymerisation, are not corrosive to reinforcement and are environmentally friendly.
- A specialist applicator should be used for all system injection.
- Outer diameter of ADCOR® 550MI: approx. 16 mm
- Diameter of the spiral: approx. 8 mm
- Thickness of hydrophilic skin: approx. 4 mm
Quantities are dependent on the lengths of the construction joints and quantity of over laps. The consumption of injectable resin is dependent on the frequency and size of hollow voids around the ADCOR® 550MI.
ADCOR® 550MI should be stored under cover, clear of the ground. Protect the materials from all sources of moisture and frost. Shelf life is unlimited if correctly stored.
- Mastic for levelling the surface
- Packaging: 310 ml cartridge. To be ordered separately.
Health and Safety
Read the product label and Safety Data Sheets before use. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. For health and safety questions on the products please contact GCP Applied Technologies.
gcpat.uk | United Kingdom customer service: +44 (0) 1480 478421
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
ADCOR is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
All rights reserved. GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA
In the UK, Ipswich Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4EQ, UK
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the United Kingdom. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.uk. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2021-02-05